Tuesday, October 13, 2009

knoxville in the rain

Its been raining for two days straight here in Knoxville. I woke this morning before everyone else and had a rare hour to myself watching the rain come down on the fall leaves and the mountains in the distance.

We started recording our new album this week. We've finished maybe three tracks so far, I'm really happy with what we have so far. It strange how studio work is never as compelling to me as the demo process. Studio work is like opening night for a play, you know your marks, your lines and now its time to deliver. Really when it comes down to it songs come alive on tour after weeks of performing, the space between notes becomes more profound as my ear starts to hear all the things I never guessed were in a song.

THANK YOU!!!!
to everyone who hosted us on tour, or bought us a beer, or bought a cd, t-shirt, booked us at their club-venue house-space. We had such an amazing time, and I saw parts of the country I had not yet seen.

We're sending out postcards this week to the peeps that signed for them, if you didn't get a chance to sign the mailing list and want a postcard, just write to us:

spider_octopus@yahoo.com

New tour dates are posted on the myspace:
Spider + Octopus
Renee Arozqueta

Here are some tour pics, keep in touch!
















































































































No comments: